Here is a short list of my commitments. I will fight for the progress of the Northeast, not only the movement of the Northeast. We need progress in the Northeast!
1. No more or very limited use of certificates of obligation (COs), which local governments can use to fund public works without voter approval when they need to finance projects quickly, as with reconstruction after a disaster or as a response to a court decision requiring capital spending. Obligations are supported by property taxes or other local revenues.
2. Transparent bond money expenditures. To many times contracts are approved with a short fall of expenses.
3. Bring our budget under control specially now since the pandemic that have caused a shortage of funding as planned in our current budget and next years budget which will be voted on in August 2020.
4. Northeast Resources. The City has historically neglected our NE District, while at the same time investing disproportionately in Downtown, Westside & Upper Valley projects. This has been a long-standing complaint that calls for strong & effective leadership. Be part of the planning committee to attract sufficient entertainment sites for all the families in the Northeast to use.
5. Fight for programs that will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community. Make streets and bus stops more accessible for the disabled.
6. As City Council District 4 Representative I will have an obligation to our part of the city and will work to get the other City Council Representatives to vote with me for the betterment of our Northeast.
7. Work with El Paso Water to insure that projects are designed and construct a valuable water source using reclaimed water as a strategy and aquifer storage to help our water supply that can be stored for future generations.
Remember that my platform is our platform that is why I am conducting a residential survey to get your input which is essential so I can take your ideas/concerns to the meetings. As a resident of the Northeast, please tell me 3 projects/ improvements/ changes you would like to see happen in the Northeast.
Copyright © 2020 Dorothy M. "Sissy" Bryd - All Rights Reserved.
Pol. Ad. paid for by Treasurer Ramona R. Williams Shaw-Graham P.O. BOX 24180 El Paso, Texas 79914.